Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Two Steps Forward....One Step sideways

Melodie has been responding very well to the SI diet. I have to remember, when her meds don't seem to work, it's a sensory problem not a attention problem. We aren't just teaching the kids, we are teaching ourselves. 

We've had chicken pox and survived. Lilly has been down with a nasty UTI and we survived. I won't even begin to pretend like I did it all by myself. My friends and family are an amazing support system. Really I think our story would be much different if it wasn't for them all. 

We did have a sleepless night with Melodie a few nights ago. First full sleepless night since the change in medication. I am hoping it was just a fluke. I really wish we could have a sleep study done. But that's a whole different story. Currently Melodie takes 5 mg Time Release Melotonin and .05 mg Clonidine. It really is the best we've found. I could list everything we've tried but that's a long list. You know all those old wives tales and over the counter remedies? We tried them all, no matter how far fetched it sounded. This has been our battle. Our biggest battle. And we are so much closer than we were a year ago.

We are taking our first family vacation this summer. Melodie will get a real break of school work. 4 days of camping at Beverly Beach, then to Portland to the Zoo and OMSI. And if all works out a trip to The Enchanted Forest for Melodie. She absolutely LOVES amusement parks and carnivals.





No comments:

Post a Comment